Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tonight Amber made Christmas cookies by herself for the very first time and they turned out delicious! yummy yum yum!!!




Kinda reminds me of when I was about 12 and my mom gave me, and my sister Jill, who was about 13, free reign of the kitchen to make peanut butter cookies. (remember this one mom?) The recipe called for 1/2 tsp of salt, so we put in 1/2 cup of salt by mistake. Those cookies were by far the most hideous tasting cookies ever known to man. If I remember correctly, (and mom, you can correct me if I am wrong) they tasted something like peanut butter play-doh. Our little hearts were pretty crushed, cause we worked so hard on them together. But my mom must have felt sorry for us because she let us open up a Christmas present early that night. I even remember what I got. It was a miniature sized wooden school desk for my cabbage patch dolls. I will never forget the horrified looks of forced enjoyment on everyones faces when they bit into those peanut butter cookies. So, there I go, you just caught me reminiscing. Hope your Christmas memories are as good as mine!
There are a lot more where this one came from!
BTW, I had to add a new pic of the pup. She just looked so cute when Amber was baking. She curled up on Buddy's bed and went to sleep. This is uncommon for her, cause usually she is begging to get into her crate when she is sleepy, but her crate is in our bedroom and Jim was in there with the door shut, taking a nap, so I guess she decided to just make do with what she had available.

No comments: