Thursday, August 28, 2008

So I took a week off of work to have a little time with our kiddos before they start school on the 2nd of Sept. We took a 4 day camping trip to our favorite camping spot called Whiskey Rock at lake Pend O'rielle. It was a really fun time, we had a pretty rowdy bunch next to us which made sleeping a little less than peaceful, but for the most part, it was an awesome vacation. We did a ton of fishing, swimming, eating, hiking, and huckleberry hunting. The weather got a little icky on one of the days but that never stops us Booths, we will find a way to have fun, rain or shine!!!
Here are some fun pics to share with you all.... ENJOY!!!

Fishing was probably our funnest (is that a word?) activity while camping, we caught some smally's (small mouth bass), and a couple of sucker fish... but all in all it was just a great trip and just perfect cause we were together!

Here I am "kissing the fish", which is what we all do before throwing them back into the lake. Weird tradition, I know, but we all do it and always have...

Here is Doodle Bug, our die hard fishin' chic, this girl never gives up and will go to the extreme just to get the best spot, rain or shine....


I just love this picture, it had been raining almost all day and the kids had already gotten their pj's on for bed. We had a beautiful break in the weather, so we all grabbed our fishing poles and ran down to the docks to get a little more fishin in before the end of the day...


Even Buddy liked getting warm and dry by the fire...


Here, the kids are lovin on Buddy....


Jimmy and Amber build this fire all by themselves and they were so proud of themselves, as were we... so I had to get a picture, it lasts longer...

Here I am squishing Jim like a bug.... Mwah, hah, haaahhhhh.....



Here are some rock jumping pics...
Jimmy...

Amber...


Jim....

I will spare you the one of me....
And a Booth family camping trip would not be complete without Amber catching some sort of strange odd bug or reptile.... Here she is with a lizard she caught, they named it Eliza...



And of course to end a perfect trip, Jimmy enjoying a little quiet time to himself at the end of the day...





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Honey, I am at work and looking at the wonderfull blog that you did. It warms my heart to see the lasting memories we are leaving to our children. I couldn't ask for a better life. Peaches

Alyssa said...

Awesome pictures, guys! :) That lake is SOOO pretty & Kenton would be jealous that you get to fish for bass. No bass fishing anywhere around here. Love the silhouette sunset pic & the "squishing Jim" picture. :)
The videos were great too! I'm like Chrys- don't care for swimming in lakes... :)
Love, Alyssa

Kimmi Booth said...

Great pics! My girls start school tomorrow too!