Friday, December 29, 2006

I often wonder why so many people are so unhappy, or so full of sorrow and lack of joy. I am a people watcher, and I love to just sit back and watch people walk by. Wondering what they are doing, what they are thinking, do they have a family, is their family a functional one or are they in turmoil in their lives? It is amazing what people can hide behind those deep dark eyes and masks of deciet. Have you ever seen the movie "Shallow Hal"? This guy, Hal, all of a sudden sees the beauty in people and finds out that the girl he loves is not so pretty on the outside. As a matter of fact, most people wouldn't even give her a second look, except to make fun of her weight. But the beauty he sees inside, is this un-imaginable, gorgeous Gweneth Paltrow, who is compassionate, joyful, funloving, patient, sweet, and for some reason just can't seem to understand why he loves her so much.
I often wonder if that is how God sees us. I mean, if you are like me, you must know some really beautiful people on the outside, that are just rotten on the inside. All God wants from us is our hearts, which only produces beauty through Him anyways. Sometimes I wonder if I got burned in a housefire tomorrow and lost every tangible thing I had, and my looks were totally distorted, would I still be viewed the same as I always had before? Would people still love me for "me", or would they shun me for being poor and disfigured? I would hope that people would look at me through God's eyes and see that beauty is not only skin deep. It is deep within our souls.
(1 Peter 3:3-4) 3"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4 Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
I am not quite sure why I was thinking of this tonight, I just pity those who think that they have it all together, whether it be physically, socially or financially, but they are just dying inside, afraid to truly show their inner self for fear that somebody might see their "uglies". God wants us to be transparent. I pray for those people. I pray that their sorrow will be engulfed by Gods gigantic hug and that they may feel the warmth of his embrace. He sees all of us, good and bad, and still loves us, He may not agree with our decisions, but He loves us. Thank You Lord for your compassion and love.
~Chryss



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chryss! I love the new look on your blog.

Not to hijack your post or anything, but your post made me think about something kinda related. How many times do WE walk around with a scowl of frown on our face, without even thinking about it? I've actually done "mini experiments" where I smile at people just to see if I can make THEM smile. From experience, if you MAKE yourself smile for a little while you actually do start to feel better. So when we share smiles with other people we could actually be helping them to be happy.

Then again, I've had some strange looks from some people when I've smiled at them.... LOL! ~ Kimmie

Unknown said...

I love it Kim, I have done that too. Sometimes to a very exaggerated extent, you know the really big cheesy, squinty eyes, all teeth, getting your ears wet grin. It is fun to watch the expression of others. Some just look at you like a 2 headed monkey and turn away, but others just have to laugh, at least half-heartedly. I would have to say that laughter is the cheapest prescription ever! Seems to work the best too!!!
Love you, ~Chryss